Website start up.
Whether you are a freelance photographer, own a small retail store, or have another type of small business, a great website is essential for your company’s success. As a webmaster who has worked on building or marketing over 100 small business websites, I know what it takes to create great and engaging business websites.
If you are looking to build a new startup website or make your current site more effective, here are the main key steps to getting started and helping your small business website compete effectively in the online marketplace.
Sunshine Coast Web Design specialises with supporting Sunshine Coast small businesses with excellent tech support.
1/ If you don’t already have one, Obtain a Domain Name from 360Cloudnet Domains
- Make the address broad to facilitate future growth. For example, Amazon.com is a much broader website address than BooksOnline.com and allows Amazon to sell pretty much every type of consumer good instead of books only, as was its original purpose.
- Ensure it is memorable. With so many websites on the internet, it is important that your website name is catchy so people will remember how to access it in the future.
- Research the domain name. Google it to see if a similar website address already exists online, and search to make sure it does not contain any registered trademarks.
Purchase a secure, scalable website hosting with good tech support.
On the Sunshine Coast 360Cloudnet Is fast hosting with Amazon AWS out of Sydney, 360Cloudnet is designed to work with you with great Tech support and covers all hosting servers you will ever need.
360Cloudnet Web Services offers cloud web hosting solutions that provide businesses, non-profits, and governmental organizations with low-cost ways to deliver their websites and web applications. Whether you’re looking for a marketing, rich-media, or eCommerce website, 360cloudnet offers a wide-range of website hosting options, and we’ll help you select the one that is right for you.
Prominently display a clear description of your business.
It is important to let people know who you are and what you do right away so they don’t feel confused when they visit your small business website. Make sure your main homepage banner (also known as a “hero image”) and subsequent banners are visual representations of your services, and also that you have an introductory text blurb near the top of the page that describes who you are and what you do.
Additionally, make sure both your main and footer navigation menus have “About Us” page links easily accessible so people can click them and read more about your business in-depth.
Implement the best content management system.
A content management system (CMS) is a software program or application that is used to create and manage digital content. A good CMS will help you maintain your site, and you don’t need much technical knowledge to use it. You should choose a CMS that is designed for your unique needs; different systems are used for different reasons, such as user-friendliness, extensibility, and budget.
We recommend WordPress For A Website Start Up.
WordPress: WordPress is the world’s most popular CMS. It has a vast, active support community and many useful plugins to extend the functionality of your site. (And if you cannot find a plugin that does what you want, it is easy to find a WordPress developer who can make one for you!) WordPress is also free and relatively simple to install. Most website developers are familiar with it so it is not hard to find an individual or agency that can work on your site. I normally recommend that small businesses use WordPress to create their websites, due to its flexibility and extensibility.
It must be noted, however, that WordPress’s biggest weakness is security—because it is so popular, hackers target it the most. Your WordPress site needs to be regularly maintained and secured so it is not hacked. Also, it is difficult to secure every single third-party plugin, so keeping your WordPress site secure must be an ongoing commitment through various best practices (checking to see if your plugins have been updated within the past few months, making sure it is a plugin provided in the official WordPress repository, deleting unused plugins immediately, etc.).
Ask us about Web hosting security for your website start up, all 360Cloudnet servers are protected with Firewalls and NGINX FIREWALL
CPNGINX FIREWALL PROTECTS WEBSITES FROM ATTACKS.
Sunshine Coast Web Design provides management plans or can teach you how to maintain your own website, in addition to adding extra security to your website if requested, 360Cloudnet can also backup your site with daily backups for peace of mind and protection, so you can see your well looked after with us.
Create an interesting, memorable, and engaging user interface for your website start up.
Make sure your small business website interface leaves a positive impression that drives results. You can do so by implementing the following suggestions:
- Use beautiful graphics and easy-to-read fonts.
- Make sure your graphics are compressed and optimized for fast loading. If your website is slow, search engines like Google will penalize your ranking.
- Research the competition to see how they have designed and optimized their websites; implement similar components that will work for your small business website.
- Research your target audience to see what they want from your site and make it easy for them to accomplish it.
- Stay consistently on brand throughout your website design.
- Design an intuitive navigation system which allows users to get to the pages they need quickly.
- Publish easily accessible contact information.
- Incorporate obvious call-to-actions (especially “buy now” buttons).
- Create pages that are standard for small business websites, such as:
- About us
- Products/Services (with descriptions and visually appealing images)
- Sitemap (for SEO purposes)
- Management team
- Contact us
- Additional pages relevant to your specific small business plan templates
All of this is available with one of our WordPress templates, pre-designed to make your start up small business website affordable, we work from the end back re-configuring your small business website to suit your needs.
We have every facet of the web design and hosting covered.
Our services also cover;
- Search Engine Optimisation.
- Website Management.
- WordPress Training, (Learn SEO techniques, Copywrite Blog Posting, updating your WordPress site, how to use cPanel and much more)
- eCommerce with Woocommerce, or Shopify.
- Domain Names
- SSL certificates
Contact Dave Today